Sunday, January 31, 2010

First Time for Everything

I'm sad to announce that our children had never officially been sledding. Sure they've played in the snow, but sledding was something they knew nothing about...until today. We joined up with a group of friends and let them sled their hearts out on a perfect hill.


Daddy & Zion see how far they can go.


All the on-lookers watching to see who will be the next to crash!



Caleb & Micah join forces to fly down the hill.


Daddy & Trin try their luck out! I must say they went rather fast and rather far...down the big hill and partly up the second hill. I know Trin had a blast.


Micah tried out the tube until it popped...it was good while it lasted (even if it was just one run down the hill).

Go Caleb!

Trin was a lot braver than I thought she'd be. She was flying down the hill by herself on her belly...makes a momma proud!! ;0)



Zion was a trooper too...loving each ride! And for the record his tube only last one ride down also. Thankfully there were sleds to spare that others shared (I'm a poet and don't know it). ;0)


We even made time to make a few snowmen. The snow was perfect for packing and rolling up the balls to make our lovely (somewhat deformed) snowman.



Although I have no pictures of myself (because I am the official picture taker), I did go down a handful of times. A couple of tries with Trinity that didn't quite make it all the way down the hill (I had a problem with steering and I tended to end up in the ditch). I did have one successful ride with Bobby... a little faster than I thought we'd go, but it was all good fun.

We came home to chicken-n-noodle soup which warmed me right up. Yes, I was still rather cold, but it was more fun sledding than just "playing" in the snow. Plus you tend to forget the cold when your with a group of friends. In other words...I fought the cold & wetness, and I won!

2 comments:

Kellie said...

Glad you had fun sledding!! :) How many total inches did y'all get?

Debra LaTour said...

looks like fun!! cute pictures!