Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Out with the Old!

Well our good old dining room table bit the dust a while back, and we've been biding our time for a replacement. Our table was passed down to Bobby & I about 10 years ago from my parents. They had it for about 15 years before that, so the table had definitely done it's duty. It would still be in use if I had not sat on it. Yeah, that's right...I broke the table. I sat on the edge of it about 2 years ago and the whole base cracked. Well, Bobby's dad glued it and we kept on using it. Then, we had some friends over a couple of months ago and while eating on the said table we heard this crack and the table shifted downward. Needless to say we didn't eat on it again.

Bobby has been diligently looking for a gently used table on craigslist. (sidenote: I love craigslist!!). His searching paid off this past weekend as we finally found the right table with the right price. I love it. I love the way it looks in our dining room. I love that it is not brand new and I don't have to worry about keeping it perfect (although we will take excellent care of it). I'm hoping this table will last us for a long time, and I know many a family meal will be eaten on it (which means many memories to share around the table).


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It does look good doesn't it babe!!!

Debra LaTour said...

perfect!!! looks beautiful!

CristyLynn said...

That is a great table!
By the way, I just saw your pics on the McDorman blog. All I can say is, "Wow! Your family is beautiful!" LOVED the pictures!

Kellie said...

Beautiful table!!! :)