Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Fa La La La La

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas at our house!! I love it! We always put our tree up either Thanksgiving day or the day after. We did it the day after this year. Once again the kids had their tree upstairs that they decorate all by themselves. They didn't want to do any popcorn strands or anything fancy. They just wanted the plain old tree. I put the lights on and then left them to do with the ornaments as they pleased. Most of the ornaments for their tree have so much sentimental value...some are very old (from when Bobby & I were kids) and some are ones that the kids themselves have made throughout the years. It always takes a while to decorate because you have to stop and remember each ornament with fondness. Well, lets just say that the poor branches on this artificial tree must be rather strong. I think there are at least four ornaments per branch. It took a lot of self discipline for me not to go and spread them all out evenly, but I let them keep it the way they did it. It looks beautiful! And I'm proud that they did it alone. Our tree downstairs looks beautiful as well. I've only lost one ornament so far due to a dogs tail wacking it off the tree and breaking it. If it's not the kids then it's the dogs...I can't win for loosing! ;0) But, it's Christmas time and we're loving it!!







1 comment:

Debra LaTour said...

Oooohhh Pretty!! I love your trees! And all the family christmas ornaments! So cute that the kids get to decorate their own tree!