Monday, November 30, 2009

Gobble, Gobble

Happy belated Thanksgiving everyone!!

With Bobby & my families all close by, we get a double dose of the Thanksgiving meal (and I'm not complaining at all--that's a good thing!!). We started off with my family on Thursday. My grandfather and grandmother and great aunt (who is 92) joined us again this year. It is always a treat to talk with them. The weather was so beautiful that after we enjoyed our meal we went outside to sit and chat. It was definitely a wonderful Thanksgiving.





Then, off to Bobby's family on Friday. Again, a treat as always getting together with everyone. This year Bobby's Aunt Flavia, Aunt Marybeth, and her son & wife joined all the immediate family for lunch. The kids enjoyed playing together and us adults enjoyed some fellowship time. It was a little chilly outside, but that didn't stop the kids from going out and making mud pies...not the neates thing, but it kept them occupied for quite some time and they were having fun! The food was beyond fabulous (thanks to MeeMaw!) and I of course ate way to much.




Thanksgiving is a great time to give thanks for all the many blessings in our lives. I have so much to be thankful for that I don't think I could even list them all here. But, besides my salvation the one thing I am most thankful this year is Bobby. I can't even say how blessed I am to have him as my husband. The Lord graciously gave him to me and for that I am very thankful. He truly is the BEST husband and father. He gives of himself in many ways for the sake of his family and others. I am thankful our kids have such a godly example to look up to. I would write more, but I don't want to get too mushy. Just know even though I don't deserve all that I have, I am thankful beyond measure.

1 comment:

Jessica LaTour said...

I agree, you can never have too much Thanksgiving! Looks like so much fun!