Monday, December 28, 2009

Happy Christmas and Merry New Year!

A belated Merry Christmas and an early happy new year to you all!! We had a wonderful Christmas! With so many family around we were busy, busy, busy...but it was fun! I've been enjoying catching up on some needed rest and relaxtion (and laundry...I actually was completely caught up the other day with nothing dirty or in the dryer...a miracle in itself!!). I've neglected my blog, but it's not going anywhere...it always awaits my return.

We started out with a Christmas Eve brunch. We had a house full when we added to the immediate LaTours: Jillene & Shannon and their kids (Brianna, Conner & Aubrey), Marybeth, Josh & Laura, and Missy (who are all extended family of the LaTours). Controlled chaos are the key words as we open presents at Papa & MeeMaw's house. A room full of kids makes for a grand time!! They had their time to say what they were thankful for before diving in to the presents. Children make Christmas all the more special!

All the LaTours met up Christmas Eve night to see some really neat Christmas lights. Amazing what some people can do at their own home. It was simply beautiful!

Off to my PawPaw Rusty's house Christmas Eve night. Of course his dogs, Bo & Zack had to pose with the kids.
Christmas morning at our home. I'll spare you the pics of Bobby & I in our jammies.

Trin showing off her new Barbie scooter.

Zion in his hunting gear. This is how Bobby found him the morning after Christmas laying beside our bed with his hunting coat on ready to go. He reminded Bobby that he had been promised he could go hunting after Christmas, and it was now after Christmas...therefore time for him to go hunting. Of course Bobby had to give in, although they just sat on the picnic table on the patio (but it was still hunting to Zion). Then they went and shot his BB gun he got for Christmas.


Caleb & Micah playing their Wii they got from Aunt Christal and Uncle Chris. We had to stop them from getting up extra early to play. The Sunday after Christmas they were waking each other up before 5 a.m....like they don't have all day to play as it is...we don't need cranky kids to add to the fun!

Now over to PawPaw and MawMaw's for Christmas lunch and presents. A little less chaos, but still lots of fun!


The Saturday after Christmas we had a Johsnon family (Bobby's mom side) get together. Of course I forgot my camera, but I so enjoyed seeing all of them. I hate we only see them a few times a year at best, but I'm thankful for each time. It was nice to catch up and just relax and eat and chat.

I can't believe Christmas has come and gone again. I'm somewhat ready to take down all the decorations, but I'm sad it's all over. If it's like it is every year...Christmas will be here again before we know it. I'm thankful for all the presents, rest, and family time we all had, but I don't want to forget the true meaning. I'm all the more thankful for the virgin birth of our Saviour which therefore led to his death on the cross and his reserection from the grave...all so I don't have to pay the penalty for my own sin which put him on that cross, and I can have eternal life with him. To God be the glory!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You forgot Missy at Mom and dad's house too! One more to the mayhem!!