Thursday, August 06, 2009

The Joys of Summer & Friends!!

I love summer and I love friends. They go hand in hand. We went to visit some friends at the pool in their neighborhood, and boy was it fun. I thought we were going to be fighting with rain, but it turned out beautiful...not to hot and just enough sun. They had such a neat kids area to play in. It was kind of a mini water park for our age kids...so fun!! When we drove in to the place one of our kids yelled out, "This is the best place ever!" In other words...they knew they would love it before even entering it. Then they also had the regular pool which we loved playing in too. We had a lovely game of monkey in the middle...although I had a monkey on my hip during the game since it was too deep for him to stand. Just a grand afternoon. We greatly appreciated the invite and the kids loved playing with you all!!







And who doesn't love water slides??? The kids thought this awesome! They had never seen such a big slide. Caleb and Micah were the only two tall enough to go down (although the other two wanted to go too...just to short).
Caleb...Micah...
And even Mom...(thankfully hard to see me!!)
Well, we are headed out Saturday morning to the beach for the week...Can't wait!! We are all so excited we can hardly stand it!! I haven't started packing a single thing yet, and my house still has to be cleaned before I go...so I have a ton of things to get done in the next day or so. But it will be well worth it when we're sitting on the beach watching and listening to the waves come in. I feel relaxed already just thinking about it (except that I can't relax yet...to much to do!!)

2 comments:

CristyLynn said...

What an amazingly cool pool area! Glad you had fun, looks like a good "appetizer" to the beach.
Hate we'll miss you this Sunday!

Dan LaTour said...

That looks like a cool water park. Hope you guys have a fun safe trip to the beach!