
I think of myself as a rather flexibly person. I go with the flow most of the time. I love last minute vacations or last minute parties. But, I have figured out that my feathers do get a littled ruffled when I actually have a plan and something messes it up...I'm better off not having a plan at all than having a plan that doesn't work out. I'm not saying that I'm right by getting flusterd, just admitting some faults...and I don't know why I said all that...except to say, I am starting to get into the groove of school (I'm getting a plan going...and I don't know if that is good or bad). This year my schedule has changed a little with me working in our school's daycare until 5:30. I'm still working my other part time job, then picking the kids up at 2:45 and heading to daycare with them until 5:30ish. I have been rather spoiled to say the least by getting home at 2:45. I had ample time to get homework done, cleaning/laundry caught up on, supper done and on the table so we could eat around 5:30. Now I have to do a lot of planning ahead and make exceptional use of my time. I have a couple of hours spare time on Mondays and Thursdays so I have made them my supper prep days. Today I made a couple of casseroles to put in the freezer and a batch of meatballs for the freezer. Trin and Zion en

joyed helping me with them (although the meatballs got a little smushed by their hands, but they'll eat good just the same). So, my plan is that on Mondays I'll get suppers ready for Mon-Wed, and then Thursdays I'll fix just Thurs & Fri meals. Sounds easy enough, right?!? Well, I'll let you know how it goes. I absolutely love cooking, but only when I have enough time to enjoy it...which isn't happening any time soon. I must suck it up, take one for the team, and cook when I don't feel like it. So, if you know any good make ahead dishes or crockpot recipes that you'd like to share, I'm all ears. I love getting recipes that have been tried and tested and found to be delicious. The next couple weeks will be my practice weeks to tweek my plan, so I don't fail and leave my family unfed...we all know they are all under-nurished. ;0)
3 comments:
Such a good idea! Way to go! And what are the kids making with the pepperoni?! It looks goooood.
One that I found this summer was using turkey kilbasa sausage. I cut up onions and bell peppers and sautee them for a few minutes in olive oil, then add the cut up turkey. Add salt and pepper to taste... I cook the turkey until the edges get darker and you can tell it is cooked. We serve it over rice... it is one of my new favorite dishes and doesn't take long to make. You could cut up everything on your prep day and then just throw it in the pan to cook it while you are cooking the rice. :)
Jessica, the pepperoni is for a pizza casserole...easy and very delicious!!
Thanks, Kellie. I will definitely try it. We love kilbasa and that sounds oh so yummy!!!
Post a Comment