Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Here Fishy, Fishy



























We are a fishing family. All of us really love to fish...don't always catch anything, but it's the thrill of the fight. Last night we took the time to go across the street to our neighbor's (who happens to have two kids at our school...one in Caleb's class) pond to woo the fish in. Dad & Mom ventured out with us. Dad fishes on a regular basis, so they are always game to go at any time. Caleb says Papa is the best fisherman....he told his friend last night that Papa should fish on the Bass Pro circuit. Funny how kids look up to their grandparents. Caleb has seen him catch a few big ones, and that is all it took to gain his respect.
We even took out their paddleboat for a ride. The kids loved that!! It had been a while since they had ridden in one of those, so it was a treat for them. We got to the pond right after supper and didn't come home 'til after dark...I'd say it was a good old time. Bobby caught a small one on his first cast out...and was very proud of himself. Papa, Zion, Caleb, and Micah all caught a few too. It was a relaxing way to end a whirlwind day.



2 comments:

Debra LaTour said...

Wow!! Such a beautiful place!! So fun too!!

Kellie said...

I've said it before and I'm sure I'll say it again.... y'all make such wonderful memories with your kids. :)