Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Catch Up!

Whew!! We've been a little busy here lately. I have greatly neglected this blog, so I am trying to catch up on the past couple of weeks. There is no way this post will do it all justice...I may have to throw in more pics later. In case I forgot to mention...we went to the beach!!!! Woo Hoo!!!! I absolutely love the beach....nothing can relax me like sitting or walking on the beach. We went with some friends of ours and just enjoyed ourselves. I love vacations when the toughest decision to make is beach or pool...those are the kind of decisions I like. That was pretty much our agenda each day...beach, pool, lunch, beach, pool, supper, and possibly beach again after supper. I wanted to stay a couple more weeks...never satisfied are we??












We got the news while on vacation that Bobby's Nana had passed away so we came home a couple of days early. We are very thankful that she died peacefully and that she is now home with the Lord. She is in no more pain for which we praise the Lord!!. Friday we met up with everyone for supper. Saturday we had the memorial service. What a great time with family and friends! We were able to meet Bobby's cousin, Andrew's wife (Jessica) and kids (Noah, Jack, and Lucy) for the first time. They are alllll the way out in California, so it isn't a quick trip to meet up with one another (although I wish it was). What a pleasure to meet them finally in person. Such a great family!! I enjoyed their company way to much...we were sad to see them all leave. Bobby was a little partial to Lucy...I think she melted his heart. When you look at her in all her cuteness, you can't help but love her!! It was so good to see them all...Uncle Vic, Aunt Sandy too. It had been quite a few years. We hope to see you all again very soon, except next time on your stomping grounds!!






We had the priviledge of having Bobby's cousin, Jason & wife, Amanda and their kids spend a few nights with us. So Fun!! I know the kids all had a blast, and us grown ups enjoyed each other too. I loved having a coffee buddy at night!! And Trinity enjoyed not being the only girl around. The boys got in many hours of playstation time...you know...boy bonding!!The house was kind of empty when you all left!!





Monday we started school. I was so not ready for summer to be over. We were having such a good time...but I guess all good things have to come to an end. Caleb is in 4th, Micah 2nd, Trinity K-5, and Zion K-4. They had a really good first day, and we are starting to get back into the swing of things.


It has been a busy last couple of weeks, but a good time none the less. Now it is time to buckle down and focus on school (as much as I don't want to)...but we'll still throw some fun in too!!

4 comments:

Dan LaTour said...

Great pictures Kelly. It makes me even more sad we weren't able to make it. :(

Jessica LaTour said...

Sigh. Time really does fly when you're having fun! We LOVED spending time with you guys!

CristyLynn said...

Love the new family photo!

Kellie said...

Glad you all had a great time! :)