We made a big cookie to take to his class on his birthday. I was able to go eat lunch with him and share the cookie which was special. I think he enjoyed it as much as I did.
The day before his birthday we all went to a Carolina Hurricanes hockey game. The kids have been asking for a while now to go to one (Caleb and Micah had been before, but it was a first for Trin and Z). This was part of the birthday celebration. We all had a great time! Trin wants the girls to go shopping next time and let the boys go to the game. I really do enjoy the games, but I don't think I can turn down shopping.
I tried to be creative in the cake this year. I hope you can tell what it is, but since Caleb couldn't figure it out until I told him...I'll let you know it is supposed to be a big lego. Once I told him it was a lego, he said it looked just like one...I think he was just trying to be nice. He really doesn't even like cake, but I felt like tradition was a cake so I baked him one. He wanted to smash his face in it after he blew the candles out, so we said sure, go ahead...and of course he did. We still enjoyed eating it afterwards.

This year he had a couple of friends come spend the night with him. We all went roller skating which I think they really enjoyed. It is kind of like a blast from the past for me. Even Trinithy and Zion did a good job for first time skaters. Then we came back home for more dessert and presents.
2 comments:
Looks like a fun birthday! I love the pics of Caleb! He's got such great facial expressions! I can tell he's got a lot of personality!! I love that he wanted to smash his face into the cake! Too funny!!
I recognized the lego right away! What a great idea, too! I love that you still ate the cake after he smashed his face in it. For some reason that brings back memories of great fun. :)
Post a Comment