Thursday, January 08, 2009
My "Funny" Story
I am probably going to reveal my blonde side (although I am a brunette) by telling this story, but the kids & I got a laugh out of it so that's o.k. We bit the bullet and traded in our van (that has served us wonderfully for the past 6 years) for a larger vehicle, a suburban. I say that only as an intro to my story. I got the kids into our new to us car Monday morning heading off to school/work (running right on time with not a lot of time to spare). This was the first time I had driven it without Bobby with me. It is rather large compared to my minivan so I was trying to be extra careful backing out of the garage. (I backed into a tree at a friends house with the minivan and haven't heard the end of it since.) Anyway, I was looking behind me backing up and I heard this loud thump like I had hit something. My immediate reaction was "Lord, please not again." Then I realized the garage door was coming down onto the top of the suburban. What in the world?!? Then, in my calm manner thinking I had just messed my new car up, I gently asked the kids who pushed the garage button...thinking the kids had the button in the back. But, I realized I was the only one with the button and I didn't push it. So, I eased back into the garage and the garage door followed me. I then pushed the garage door opener making sure the door was now completely open. I tried to back out again and the same thing happened...it shut on me again and then it would follow me back up as I moved back in the garage. I did this like 3 times before giving up (somehow I thought I could beat it before it shut) Now I thought someone was out to get me! I couldn't get out of my garage! I tried to think it thru. My only conclusion was that since the surburban has a built in garage opener that we hadn't programmed yet for our garage, it must be reacting to our garage door somehow (I know...how stupid is that...but at my time of frustration that was all I could come up with). Well, I got out and was about to go inside and call Bobby (to say come help please I can't back out of the garage) when I thought I'd look around the vehicle to see if something looked wrong. Then, I saw the problem...the cord that hangs down from the garage opener unit was caught in the kids door. Needless to say I felt a little stupid, but the kids got a good laugh out of it. Well, that's my story and I'm sticking to it!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Haha... That was a good story. I could totally see myself doing that. I had a really bad blonde moment when I went into the bathroom at the airport and thought it was strange that there were urinals in the womens bathroom (I just figured it might be one of those family bathrooms or something) and even stranger that in the stall next to me it looked like there was a rather large pair of feet with mens shoes on. It took me a while to realize I went into the mens bathroom by accident. That should have been my first thought!
Never, Ever feel stupid when it comes to something with your kids... they can baffle you every time!!!
Post a Comment