Yay for a long weekend away with no kids!! Of course I love my kids, but it is always good for your sanity (& marriage) to have a little time away. We went with our friends and had a very relaxing time. This is the same house we went to last year & since we had so much fun, we planned to come again this year. Although this year, we did do as much...we just relaxed and enjoyed each others company which was a nice change of pace. We left home around dinner time Thursday & returned late Sunday night.
This is the view we woke up to in the morning as we stepped out of our bedroom. Gorgeous!
Now we did do some walking around the house. The views were beautiful. We decided the leaves weren't quite as pretty as last year, but beautiful none the less.
Of course I picked me up a book at our local library so I could sit & read a little. It was so pleasant sitting out outside in the quiet.
Friday afternoon we decided to enjoy a picnic lunch by the river. The boys got some fishing in & we took in all the beauty of the area.
We also had some vicious games of Sequence & UNO. I think we all had our fair share of winning & loosing, but I will say that Mel & I kicked some booty when we teamed up at Sequence.
I'm very thankful that we are able to get away and spend some time together & I'm thankful we have friends to have fun with too. Time always goes by way to fast when you're having fun & that was the case with this weekend, but we can look back with lots of fun memories.
No comments:
Post a Comment