Wednesday, October 03, 2012

Disney -Part 2

Wednesday we all went to Animal Kingdom.  Bobby & I spent many an hour researching trying to figure out which parks we should go to.  Because of limited resources (ha ha!), we were narrowing down our choices to 3 parks while in Florida.  Magic Kingdom was a no-brainer & Sea World was Bobby's top pick, so then we were down to choosing one more park.  I talked to everyone I knew who had been to Disney, and wouldn't you know it--everyone had a different opinion.  So we decided to go ahead with the Jamison's and do Animal Kingdom together...and it was a great choice.  We had a blast! Our only regret was that the park closed at 5:00!

The mandatory family pictures at the entrance.
 

 
The first ride once we entered the park was a water ride.  Jen & I decided we'd take one for the team and hold everyone's stuff while they got wet.  (being the smart women we are, we knew we didn't want to be wet the next 9 hours we were there, so we waited until near the end of the day to ride). Needless to say after the second time riding, most all were sopping wet (which kind of made them second guess their choice of riding a water ride right off the bat).
 

 
Our very next ride was Everest.  One might think that I'd do some research on the rides so I knew what to expect, but that would be too easy.  I was thinking this was a small roller coaster, so everyone rode the first time around.  Well, it wasn't your normal roller coaster! You are in total blackness at one point and come to a complete stop & go backwards from wince you came.  Holy Cow!  I was riding with Trinity & all I could say to her was that I had no idea it was going to be like this.  I felt like a horrible mother.  When the ride ended, we were all in one piece.  I got off feeling like my head was going to explode.  I looked over at Caleb & he was gagging, looking for somewhere to upchuck. But, all in all, it was a great ride.  Half of the group went back for another ride immediately.  And I believe Micah & Zion ended up riding it a total of 5 times before we left.
 
Of course there were many neat animals to see.
 
  
 
 
 
 
 
 There even was a kid friendly section that had smaller rides.  But the one I rode left me feeling worse than Everest.  (I guess I'm getting too old!)
 Then we had the safari ride--very cool!  I think all of the animals were out & close enough for us to see.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
And yes, we have a bunch of monkeys in our family!!
 
 
 

No comments: