Sunday, June 10, 2012

Major Recap

I've got to admit that I am way behind on blogging.  I guess you could say I've gotten out of my routine, but I'm starting back up--better late than never. A lot has gone on the past few weeks, and I didn't feel the need to document it all.  My camera was left behind & we just enjoyed the days as they came.  Although very freeing, I realize that I do still feel the need to blog, if only for my memories sake. 

Over Memorial Day weekend, we were priviledged to attend a 40th birthday party for Bobby's cousin, Shelley.  Her sister asked Bobby to sing a song in honor of Shelley's love for Chick-Fil-A. Everyone thought he did a great job! It was an awesome party that was loads of fun!!



The school year wrapped up last Friday, so we've been out of school for a week now. They had all of their year end parties & field trips.  Thankfully Bobby was able to attend most of the trips with the kids.  Zion's class had a camp out the weekend school let out. Originally it was going to be me & him camping out together Friday night.  But because of rain, they had to postpone it to Saturday night.  Since Abi was flying out Sunday morning & we had to be on the road at 3:30 a.m., I didn't think it wise for me to camp out.  Thankfully there were enough adults staying that he got to spend the night without me.  But I did get to go play, cook hot dogs, roast marshmallows for smores, and see them get set up for an outside movie before I headed home to get a few hours sleep. 




Then comes the day to send Abi back home.  It seems like yesterday she just got here, but she's been with us for 10 months.  Her flight was at 6:00 a.m. last Sunday morning.  We all (minus Zion who said his goodbyes the day before) got up  & were on the road bright and early to get her to the airport by 4:45 a.m.  We tried to swing in McD's to grab a biscuit at  3:45, but we learned that they don't serve breakfast until 4:00--lesson learned.  But that's okay, I had made her a loaf of banana bread to take with her & eat (since she despises airport food and she was going to be traveling for almost over 24 hours).  It was a sad goodbye, but thankfully we have been able to keep up by text & phone.   We look forward to seeing her again in November.  We love you Abi & miss you already, but I know you are loving being home!!







1 comment:

Susanne said...

I'm sure Abi enjoyed her months with the LaTours! So she's coming back in November for a visit or are you headed to China? :)

Great CFA song, Bobby!