Thursday, May 17, 2012

Projects, Projects, Projects

It's the end of the school year--a good & bad thing.  Good, because we only have about 2 weeks left of school; Bad, because all the projects are coming due.  Last week Caleb & Micah had their two big projects to get done.

Micah had two major projects this year.  !st semester he had his North Carolina notebook, and 2nd semester it is the Bug project.  We've been collecting bugs for him since Caleb did his bug project 2 years ago.  And our freezer will have bugs in it for another three years, I guess.  I had my idea as to how to display the bugs, but Bobby came up with the army theme.  Of course my reply was, "That's a great idea--why don't you be in charge of that!"  Thankfully he took me up on my offer...even while battling a stomach bug & 102 degree fever.  That's one great daddy!!  I was going to help out--I wouldn't have left it all up to a sick man.  But while Trinity & I were gone getting our hair cut, they did the whole project.  What a trooper!

This was the final Daddy/Micah creation.  We had some awesome bugs this year.  Now we've got to start searching again to replenish our bug supply for when it's Trinity's turn.








Caleb's big 2nd semester project has been his country report on Mexico.  He had a notebook to do on Mexico & big oral presentation which involved dressing up & serving food from that country.  We decided to make a flan & guacomole (both of which I had never made) and also serve chips & salsa.  Thankfully they both turned out as good as could be expected.  This was also happening the same day Trin & I got our hair cut, so I started cooking at 7:30 the night before everything was due.  If I'm honest, I didn't taste either one, but I'm okay with that.  Abi loved the flan & she and her friend Alier ate the remnants of what Caleb brought home (so I guess it was edible).  And Caleb's teacher said she loved the guacamole.  So, I guess that was a hit.  



I am very thankful that we only have a couple of oral book reports to finsih out the year.  Come on summer break.  We see the finish line & we are all getting a little ansy!

1 comment:

Kellie said...

That is neat that Caleb did a country project this year, too. The kids did Guatemala and Ireland. It was a good project, but took all year so we were thankful when our International Day arrived. haha! :)