Middle school baseball has come to an end for this year. Caleb had his final game last Thursday. It LaTour terms...it was a shellacking. In laymen terms, we got beat bad. Don't remember the score (I've blocked it from my memory), but it was something like 18-3. They tied one game this season & lost the rest, but I'm still proud of them all. Caleb had never played baseball before, so I know he learned a lot. Thankfully they'll get to continue learning through the summer because the majority of them are playing on a team with our recreational department. I think that will be good to keep the learning going & hopefully bond a little more as a team. We're looking forward to cheering them on some more & learning more about baseball as we go! (I'll confess that when we scored a run, I might have been guilty of calling it a goal & unfortunately many around heard.) But give me a little break...we've only played soccer & basketball before.





I think the other kids had just as much fun going to the games as we did watching (well, except for Abi--she tolerated the games, but found no job in watching). They always came prepared with bat, ball & glove, and they had their own baseball practice on the sidelines.
No comments:
Post a Comment