Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Locks of Love

Trinity has been growing her hair out for quite a few years.  It was one of those things that I really didn't think about.  I liked it being long because you can do so many different things to it or just throw it in a pony tail & go (which is what happened all to frequently).  Then it started getting unkept looking.  When it was time to get it cut or at least trimmed, Trinity decided she wanted it cut in a short bob style.  I suggested if she was going to cut it that short, we might as well grow out her hair a little longer & we could donate it to locks of love.  Welll, that one mention was all it took.  She was on the Locks of Love website that afternoon looking at all the pictures of those who donated and those who received wigs because of the donations. We had to wait a few more months for her hair to get past the 10 inch mark of donation (meanwhile it was all I could do not the trim it up a little). 

Finally, I measured last week & we were there!  Trinity was beyond excited & anxiously awaited her hair cut.  Before cutting her hair, Tracy straightened out her wavy hair to make a good cut & to see how much hair we had to donate.  Let's just say this wasn't a quick & easy process.


Finally all sraightened out. Then I honestly thought how beautiful her hair looked & second guessed myself.  But then I remembered it's only hair (which grows fast), it's for a great cause, & this is what Trin has been waiting for. 

So the cutting began, and there was no turning back now.

Ta-Da!!  The new & improved Trinity!

Now she is feeling a lot lighter & a lot cooler!

And we mailed out the hair this week.  How exciting to think of a child being able to have a wig because of Trin's hair.  I think she's cute as a button & I'm proud of her for donating her hair.

1 comment:

Kellie said...

That is precious!! She looks adorable!