Monday, August 29, 2011

Bring on Soccer & Softball!

Now that school has begun, sports are beginning too.  Caleb is playing JV soccer this year.  This is the first year that they've allowed 6th grade to play jv, so it's a big deal.  (in other words they didn't have enough players with just 7th & 8th grade, so they had to move down to 6th grade to pick up some more players.)  But however it happened, we're thankful he gets to play this year.  He was a little intimidated being one of the youngest on the team, but that will fade with time & he'll get down to business. 

Their first game was this past Friday against Salem Baptist.  We'll just say that they lost 7-1 and leave it at that (I'll spare you the sad details, and honestly I don't know what all I'm talking about anyway, so I'd sound stupid trying to give details).  I do know that Salem's team looked so big out there compared to our team (probably because they are an older team), and I know it scared Caleb a little.  But it was a good game to start the season--I know they'll improve greatly as the season goes on.  I'm already looking forward to their game tomorrow night.  Go Warriors!! And Go Big #2!!








And then we have softball.  Bobby is playing another season with our church.  He skipped last season because his work schedule didn't allow him time to play. But he is giving it another go this time around.  The last time he played he slid into home & gave his leg a mighty good burn all down it.  So we were just hoping to survive the game without injuries.  His first game was Friday night.  We did the run from soccer to softball thing Friday, and I think that will be happening quite often seeing that Caleb & Bobby's games both will be on Fridays.  But that's okay...we love it!  

The game was blessed with a down pour of rain part of the way thru it, but they just played on as if nothing was happening (as all of us girls ran for cover).  I did pay attention to the game (and got some chatting in too) & I do know they won, but I didn't hear the ending score.  Bobby had some good hits, so it was a good night for all.



No comments: