Wednesday, August 10, 2011

The Family that Planks Together

Okay. It all started with me for once.  I was the trouble maker.  I got the kids a wee bit too hyper.  We were discussing planking at work, and of course I had to try it out to see if I could actually balance myself on the said chairs in our office.  Yes, I know planking is a stupid thing, but really it is harmless fun. I looked up the definition of planking for those who haven't a clue what I'm talking about...To plank you must lay horizontally looking downward and emotionless, straighten your body and point your fingers and toes down (towards your feet), then you must name your "plank" and post a picture on facebook. You're also (I'm not going as far as posting on facebook, but I figured a blog post for future reference would be enough blackmail.)

And maybe I have a weird sense of humor, but I find some of the photos I've seen on the internet hilarious.  Anway, I texted Bobby the picture below of me slaving away at work this past Frida. His response I believe was "you're a dork."  The kids were looking thru my texts after I got home and saw the picture, and of course wanted to know what in the world I was doing.  I then had to explain planking to them.  I even showed them a youtube video to help explain it. 

They thought it was hilarious, and immediately started running around the house planking and wanting a picture taken to show daddy.  Thus our planking excursion begun.  The whole weekend consisted of the kids seeing the world thru eyes of where can I plank the best.  They planked at the restaurant, the park, the grocery store, and even at goodwill.  I couldn't stop them.  Bobby said I created monsters, but really it was harmless fun.  And boy did they have fun with it.  Bobby & I got many a laugh out of it as well.


















No comments: