It was cowgirl day for the 1st graders today. Trinity has been preparing for about a week for this day. She already knew in her mind what she wanted to wear. So it was off to the local Goodwill to find a jean skirt and shirt for her. You can't beat a total of $3.50 for both the skirt & shirt. Then we borrowed the brother's boots & hat...and there you have a cowgirl outfit on a budget. She loved the dressing up part, but the picture taking not so much.
To celebrate cowboys/cowgirls, the class had coffee to drink & grub (raisens, m&m's, peanuts, & dry fruit) to eat. Trin said the coffee was good (when you added lots of sugar) and the grub was just okay. Oh, and I think they had horse races too...you can't beat a good horse race.
I'm glad she had such a good day & I'm thankful for the teachers that make learning fun!!
1 comment:
TOO cute!! Glad she enjoyed her day!
Post a Comment