Wednesday, February 16, 2011

The Day of Love

Awww, Valentines Day has come and gone again. And that is fine by me. Don't get me wrong...I love the idea of having a day to celebrate love, but I think it is rather over rated. Sure it's great to have a day to show our love to that special someone in our life, but aren't we supposed to be doing that every day?!? And do we really need to be told that we must buy flowers, candy, or whatever to show that love. Maybe Bobby & I are the odd ones, but we didn't spend any money or get anything for each other (as is our normal tendancy). It kind of takes the stress out of it. I am sooo thankful that my Valentine shows me he loves me all thru the year and not just on one day. No, I didn't get roses or a box of candy Monday, but I get small gifts of love quite often. And I much rather have the surprise "gifts" (which may be a candy bar to lift my spirits, or a long back massage, or it may be that he cleaned the bathrooms for me, or like today he helped fix dinner) than to get a dozen roses one day out of the year because he was "told" that was the thing to do. Now, I give kudos to those who do both Valentine's Day & all thru the year & I say shame on you to those who do only Valentine's Day. That's just my opinion, but that is my story and I'm sticking to it. :o)

Well, I feel like I kind of got on a soap box for a minute...sorry about that. I do like Valentines Day, really I do. And having said all I did about the love day, I still like to make it a speical day. So I wanted to have a candlelight dinner for our family as a way to say "I love you" to them all. I didn't go buy anything, so I used what we had on hand. The kids cut out hearts out of construction paper and we used the coversation hearts & tea light candles we already had. The decor was just perfect for our little family. Simple but beautiful. They thought it was neat to eat by candlelight...I think we'll do it a little more often. Oh, and they all drank out of glasses (not plastic cups) which made them feel like real grownups. A peaceful, romantic meal with just the six of us to end our perfect Valentine's Day.




Cheers!!

1 comment:

Kellie said...

Very cute!! We celebrate Valentine's but we also show the love EVERY day. :) The candlelight dinner was great!