It's time to start thinking about our garden. Although we are still eating the fruits of our harvest from last year, we've got to start planning for this year. The hard work has officially begun for some of us. We haven't messed with the garden at our house yet, but we headed over to my grandmother's house the other night to start tilling up the soil and get it ready for planting. When I say "we" tilled I mean Bobby & my dad tilled while mom, the kids & I explored the land and watched our manly men. It was neat to walk back down my grandparents property and remember playing out there as kids. The paths down the side of the property are no more, and they are now just woods. But it still brings back lots of memories. It was neat to see my kids playing in the creek that I used to play in. I'm sure we'll be spending lots of time out there in the months to come, so many more adventures will be had.
2 comments:
I am so inspired with your garden & love how the entire family helps! Miss you all, too!
Great area for a garden! I love when my kids share in the same memories I had as a kid. I am sure you all will have a great time with your plantings. :)
Post a Comment