Monday, August 30, 2010

Movie Afternoon

What is better than a lazy Saturday? Well, I would like to argue that not much can beat it. We had a busy week last week. And with Bobby on second shift we didn't see him much (ok really not at all). So Saturday we tried to make up for it a little by doing some things the kiddos would enjoy. Instead of movie night, we had a movie afternoon complete with snacks (can't beat $1 snacks at Walmart). It was already decided that we would be outside after dinner to either mow the grass or take a long, relaxing walk on the golf course (can you guess which one won out??). So the afternoon would have to be movie time. You'd think that I could stay awake through a movie during the afternoon, but I struggled even then to keep my eyes open. Dennis the Menace was the movie of choice (well, after the vote, it got two of the four kids' votes). We got a lot of laughs out of this silly movie. It wasn't the first time they had seen it, but it was just as funny the second time around (especially if you know a kid that reminds you of Dennis). It was kind of peaceful to just sit down in the middle of a Saturday (when I should have been doing a multitude of things) and watch a movie with the fam. I try to remind myself that work is always waiting for me, but you can never get back the time you spend.

2 comments:

Jessica LaTour said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jessica LaTour said...

I LOVE that movie! And I call dibs on the Milk Duds ; )