Thursday, September 09, 2010

Happy birthday to me

I am soooo behind on blogging. This is supposed to be a sort of scrapbook for me (cause my memory is so bad I really can't remember what happened when and if it really did happen or was it my imagination), but if I don't keep up with it then it's no help at all. I have several blogs I need to do right now (they are archived in my brain which is kind of scary), but I didn't want to forget my birthday. Let's hope I remember everything else when I get around to the other ones.
It wasn't a major one this year...just 34, but I guess I am officially mid-thirties which sounds rather old. And what did I get for my birthday? Well, Bobby went and got us all biscuits from Bojangles for breakfast before work. Then at work they treated me to Japanese for lunch, and then the family went out to Red Robin for supper. That is my perfect birthday--food, food, and more food. :) Also, Bobby went to a cupcake specialty shop in Raleigh and brought home 5 cookies-n-cream cupcakes. They were delicious, but too rich to even eat a whole one. Thanks, dear, for making my birthday special.


The kids all greeted me with handmade cards that morning. Those are more special to me than any gift. Caleb copied a card he had gotten for a friend of his so the front of his said, "Birthdays are like boogers. The more you have, the harder it is to breathe." I thought it was hilarious. But the inside of his card was where the magic was..."Dear Mom, Hope you have a swell birthday. I know God will let you have one, your the best mom ever!!!" That makes a mom's heart melt. What a sweetie! Trin's was the colorful one with a picture of me & her and a big "I love you". Micah's envelope said "Open this gift and you'll be surprised." And he wrote a sweet note. Then Zion gave me his card which was a normal I love you mom/Happy birthday card with a special drawing on it. But it is the way he gave it to me that was too funny. I was actually using the restroom (sorry, if that is tmi), and he opened the door, handed me the card, and said "Too many boogers taste like sugar." he had to repeat it a couple of times, until I realized what he was saying. He must of heard Caleb talking about his card, and he wanted to be a part of the booger club. Gotta love that little guy.


Another birthday come and gone & I am another year older. I'm thankful I got to spend it with my wonderful family. They rock!!

2 comments:

Kellie said...

Happy Birthday!! :)

Jessica LaTour said...

What a sweet family! Looks like a fun birthday!