I went to a wedding shower for a friend/co-worker on Saturday. It is always so nice to just sit and chat with girls, especially when there are those you haven't seen in a while. The company was great and the food was fabulous--there was a wonderful spread that was almost to beautiful to eat (notice I said almost, cause I definitely filled up). I was able to help make these lovely little candy covers. You can tell I don't get out much, because I thought these were the neatest thing. Print you own candy labels...what a novel idea. I enjoyed doing them and I thought they turned out so cute!! (And I know they are not a new thing, but I honestly had never seen them before...much less did them myself!!)

Then, after coming home and doing some work, I went back out shopping by myself. Now this doesn't happen often. I have some birthday money burning a whole in my pocket, and I was in the mood to shop for home things. I went out for a couple hours looking around and didn't buy a thing (which makes Bobby soooo mad!!--I saw lots of things that if there was no budget I would of snatched right up, but we aren't made of money unfortunately). But, I enjoyed myself immensely...no rushing around with four kids who don't want to be shopping, no running to the bathroom for one kid or the next (I think you get the picture)...a peaceful shopping experience and I didn't even spending my money. I guess that means I need another shopping trip to spend my b-day money!!
Oh, and I also enjoyed a carmel latte at home on Sunday...did I mention I love my birthday present for the hubby. This was the perfect end to a great weekend!
1 comment:
I love "ME" moments, but, like you, they don't come often. I find I don't quite know what to do with myself sometimes. lol I have done exactly as you and gone shopping with birthday money and not bought a thing. I'll talk myself out of something in a minute. Steve gets very annoyed. Ha!! Glad you enjoyed that day and your latte!
Post a Comment