Oh to have just a normal day....and we did yesterday...for the first time in, well, too long. We have been so busy with church, school, work, soccer, etc. and always have somewhere we need to go or have to go and just too much to do. But, yesterday was different and it recharged me a bit. Did we have a busy day? Yes, but nowhere we had to be except home. I went to work and the kids to school, picked them up, helped with the homework, made supper, Bobby came home and we ate supper, had family devotions, did the dishes, sat down and read the newspaper, did a load of laundry somewhere in this time frame, dad played playstaion with the kids some, went out for icecream cones (because we can), put the kids in bed [and may I mention that lunches were packed (by dad) and clothes were all out and ironed for the next day BEFORE the kids were in bed which rarely happens] and even had time to take a relaxing bath. I can't explain what a normal night at home with the family can do for me. I don't know if it is that way for every mother, but I love to be home with my family. Thank you Lord for the normal days!!
2 comments:
I'm so excited to be able to add your blog to my reading list! How fun!
I'm also glad that you got to have a normal day. Being home with the fam is great. You're quite impressive with getting all the prep work done for your next day--I feel inspired.
I do hope you continue to blog!
Saw your announcement about your blog on Facebook. Welcome to the blogosphere! I can't believe how big your kids are!
Post a Comment