Friday, September 19, 2008

Mice....EEK!!


I know everyone has had them or will have them at one time, so I'm not talking about anything new, but man, I hate mice in my house!! This may be gross to some, but this is what was happening last night at our house...so I'm just keeping it real!! ;) (I guess I'm allowed one gross blog every now and then, right?!?)

The first week we moved into our house we noticed evidence of mice. So, we set a trap and caught two in one trap in our kitchen. I had seen nothing since to make me think we had anymore, so I thought we had it all under control. Then, last night after taking a walk with the family we were standing outside talking to my dad and looked into the garage and saw two mice (we thought) running under Bobby's car and jumping up into his engine block. Well, the kids loved that...off to get brooms to kill the mice with. Needless to say, Bobby went to the store to get multiple traps and he set four in our garage. Caleb & Micah were so excited to be on a killing mission. Caleb actually slept on the floor next to his door hoping he could hear the trap spring and go see it immediately. As you can tell by the picture we used all four traps...which makes me now wonder... how many more are out there??? YUCK!!


4 comments:

CristyLynn said...

I'm so sorry for your mice problem, but picturing your boys being so excited made me laugh really hard. Oh what I have to look forward to as Isaiah gets older. Thanks for the glimpse into the future.
But seriously, I'll be praying you get rid of the mice soon! I agree with you--YUCK!

Anonymous said...

So did you say your home was always open for guest!!! Wendy

Anonymous said...

oops! I should have said guests!! Wendy

Kelly said...

Thanks Cristy! You definitely have a lot of fun to look forward to (boys are just a different breed) ;)
And, yes, Wendy, I did say I have an open door policy (so drop by any time), but I guess I should have but some stipulations on there (no rodents...only humans) Gotta just laugh and enjoy!!