Halloween wasn't a big deal for us this year. We didn't do the trick or treating thing for a couple of reasons. First, we have church on Wednesday nights & it I wasn't liking the idea of rushing house to house before church; second, it was really windy & cold which made the idea of walking around outside seem not so fun; third, Bobby was working so it would of been just me and the kids; fourth, the kids are getting older & really all they cared about was candy. So I promised I'd hit the stores when the halloween candy went on sale & pick them up some of their favorites. That was all it took to please them--we got away cheap & stress free this year. But I still missed the trick or treating...I guess there is always next year.
But we do still like carving pumpkins & getting into the fall mood. The kids are getting better at the carving. Last year I think Bobby & I did most of it, but this year Caleb & Micah did one all on their own. Trinity did a good part of her Mickey Mouse pumpkin. And Zion, well, he really didn't do all that much, but he still felt like he was in on the party. This was a good exercise for Caleb. He is such a perfectionist that it pains him to do something that doesn't turn out exactly how he wants it. He took so long transferring the stencil onto the pumpkin that I finally had to tell him to hurry it up (so he passed on his job to Micah). In the end they were all pleased with the finished products. It's a nice tradition that I hope we'll continue, and I bet the pumpkins will get more fancier as the years go by.
No comments:
Post a Comment