My boys have all lost their hair! Thankfully it is only hair, and it will grow back if they want it to. I was the official barber in our house, but I may be passing the torch to Bobby. Notice I said barber because I only cut the boys & Bobby's hair. I've ventured into cutting Trin's once and it turned out fine, but I realized it is well worth the money to pay someone to cut her hair.
The boys all needed haircuts this week, and I didn't get around to it quick enough. While I was getting my hair cut on Tuesday, I get a text from Bobby with the picture of Zion below. Last time I cut his hair he told me to shave him bald, but I couldn't get up the courage to do it. I cut it really short, but I was afraid he (or more importantly, I) wouldn't like it--so I chickened out. But Bobby, on the other hand, has no problem shaving every one's hair. I thought Zion looked very cute, in a thug kind of way. So, I texted Bobby back and jokingly told him to go ahead with Micah & Caleb because I was going to cut hair tonight anyway. And he replied that they refused.
But when I get home from my appointment, I find all three with shaved heads. But all had a little different "style."
Then I got the low down on how it all happened & watched the actual video of Caleb & Micah getting the shave. Oh. My. Word. Caleb's video was priceless! No, I won't post it on here because it would embarrass him way too much. But we've already watched it a couple of times & laughed uncontrollably.
Caleb was the last to get the shave because he truly didn't want to do it. Thankfully I wasn't home because I would of let him out of it (being the loving mom), but Bobby has no mercy. He loves change & pushed Caleb out of his comfort zone to realize it is only hair & will grow back rather quickly. I mean, how will he know he doesn't like it unless he tries it once, right? (plus school isn't for another month & by then the hair will back to normal if he wants)
So, Caleb literally had tears & laughter at the same time as Bobby cut his hair. There may or may not have been some snot and/or spit coming down his face during the ordeal (no, we don't torture our kids--it was all in good fun). But in the end he loves his hair, honestly he does. He saw his reflection in the door yesterday and said, "This haircut makes me look sexy!" Okay, not the greatest comment, but you can see that he not only likes his hair, he loves it. On a side note, Caleb is way too much like me about change--we don't like it! But thankfully Bobby is there to snap us back to reality & remind us what's really important...and hair is on the bottom of the list.
You gotta just laugh at the in between photos though...Caleb thought he looked like Moe from The 3 Stooges. Ha!

No comments:
Post a Comment