Friday, January 06, 2012

Christmas Lights

There is so much to do & see during the Christmas season.  We usually go out and see Christmas lights of some kind & we like to try different places to change it up a bit.  This year we traveled a little ways to go see a spectacular light display in Winson Salem & it was well worth the drive.  I had been there years ago (I thought I went with Bobby, but he informed me that he has never been, so I guess I went with a group of friends). 

We picked up dinner & ate in the car during our hour drive to save time (which was a  little bit of an experience).   Who says you can't divvy out chicken legs/breasts, mashed potatoes and biscuits to 5 kids & 2 adults and also pour them all tea (since we were trying to save money by buying a family meal which comes with a half gallon of tea) all while riding down the road?  Well, we go with the flow & that is what needed to be done that night to fit everything in our schedule.  I won't say it was the easiest thing, but it was definitely memory making (probably a memory that will make me say next time--"No, that's not a good idea.  Let's stop & eat ").

Anyway, we made it there in good time & thoroughly enjoyed our time.  Oh, and a bonus--we went to pay for our vehicle & was told by the attendee that the people in front of us paid for us...what a nice surprise!!  Kind of left you feeling all warm & fuzzy inside.

It took us over an hour to drive thru all the lights & it was definitely well worth the effort it took to go see it.  Of course, I forgot my camera, but thankfully Trinity put to use her new Christmas present and was able to help us capture some pictures.  I can't imagine all the time it takes to set a light display like this up, but we were thankful our family was able to enjoy it this year.









2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A "pay it forward" moment! Our ladies group at church has been challenged to think of ways to do things like that while we're out...especially for those of us who get out on a limited basis because of small children. Something as simple as walking into McD's and getting in line and buying a $5 gift card and then turning around and handing it to the next person in line! It does leave you with a nice warm and fuzzy as a recipient and as the giver! Enjoy keeping up with ya'll!

Jessica LaTour said...

What a fun family night! Love it!