Friday, January 20, 2012

The Big Z

It's birthday season for the next few months in our house.  Zion starts off the year for us with his birthday tomorrow.  He'll be having a cowboy party with some of his friends (and is way excited!!).  Today we celebrated at school with his class.  He picked cupcakes as his snack of choice, so cupcakes it was.  Of course he had to have part in each and every step & I wouldn't have it any other way...we had to fight off his sister to let the birthday boy do it by himself.  I love that he still wants me to come eat with him at school & will love on me in public.  He even came & sat on my lap for most of the lunch...which I will take advantage of until he will no longer offer the snuggles.

 I love everything about our little man who is turning 7 tomorrow.  He is an outdoors boy & a daddys boy for sure--anything daddy is doing Zion will be by his side helping.  And on that note, he is a hard worker!  We sometimes forget he is the little brother because he'll work the others into the ground.  Right now he is into cowboy boots (would wear them everyday if he could--actually wore his first pair so much the heels broke), hunting (therefore he wears camouflage quite often), airsoft guns, most any sport someone is willing to play with him, & any project that daddy is working on.  He rounds out our family so nicely & makes our family dynamic just perfect.  I only wish we could slow the growing process down.  My baby has grown way too fast!









No comments: