Wednesday, June 08, 2011

On The Road Again

The camping season has come again, so we will be on the road a lot this summer...well, that is the plan at least.  We went camping this past weekend, and I believe I can honestly say it was our best trip yet.  Not that we've ever really had a bad trip, but this one went without a hitch & we all had a blast.  I wanted to stay a few more days (and that can't be said after all our trips).



  
This time we joined one of Bobby's co-workers to make the camping trip more fun.  I enjoyed getting to know Dexter & his lovely wife.  They're loads of fun (and the kids warmed right up to them too). Another friend from work (Zeke) met up with us for supper on Saturday and brought along his wife and youngest daughter (Trinity was excited to have a girl to play with!).  Fun times were had by all.








I think we picked the best camping spot possible.  We went off of Dexter's recommendations and made our reservations online next to them & he was dead on.  We will for sure be going back & staying in that same spot.  The kids could walk out of the camper & swim, fish, ride their bikes, or just sit and enjoy the scenery.  It was perfect! (thus the reason why I didn't want to come home)




Truely a beautiful sight no matter which way you were looking.  God's handiwork was evident all around.




Dexter (or PawPaw Gill as he affectionately was called) brought along his boat, and of course much fun was had with it.  The big boys (the dads) set out bate traps for the catfish, and the next morning Bobby & the boys went along as they assessed how well they did.  I believe if I remember correctly they set out seven traps and caught two fish.  Honestly I don't know if that is good or bad, but I do know that we thought it was a pretty big deal.  The kids had never seen a fish cut into filets before their eyes.





Well our first camping trip of the summer is over, and it was a huge hit!  We're hoping for many more trips like this one so we can have lots of fun memories to mark our summer.  And thankfully summer has just begun. 

No comments: