Friday, June 03, 2011

Dinner Date for Two

Little girls are special creatures. Many a day I find myself thanking the Lord for Trinity.  She brings some balance to a house full of boys (and I'll take any help on balancing out the testosterone in this house). :o)  She is my tag along helper & loves one on one attention.

So, Trin won a $10 McDonald's gift card in her Sunday school class this past week, and it was burning a hole in her pocket.  She invited me to go out to eat with her & said she would pay the bill...can it get any better?!?  :o)  She even ordered off the big people's menu and passed on the happy meal (somthing she hasn't done before...probably because mom & dad are usually paying and we are cheap). 

Then, of course we had to get dessert (we still had money on the gift card & it was going to be spent).  She couldn't decide what to get.  It was betweena Rolo McFlurry & strawberry milkshake...I know tough decision.  So, I caved and said I'd get one and she could get the other & we'd share.  (note: I am dieting & exercising and had no plans of eating dessert, but for the love of Trinity I gave in & ordered me the strawberry milkshake.)  Her eyes lit up with that suggestion, so that is what we did. 

After trying both, she decided the strawberry one was for her.  So, I was left eating the most fattening of the two & I'm the one on the diet...oh well, it was for a good cause.  And I licked every morsel of carmel out of my cup too. We had a nice, peaceful dinner (although not very healthy), just the two of us & hopefully we'll do it again soon (but I believe I'll be paying for the next one).


1 comment:

Susanne said...

How cute! I love the pictures!! :) So glad you enjoyed a mommy/daughter date and had dessert!