Micah had his 9th birthday on Monday. I took some cupcakes (which were purchased instead of homemade because of our late night at the urgent care with Caleb the night before...and I still feel a little guilty for paying $17.00 for cupcakes that I could of made for about $4.00). But the class enjoyed them none the less. And he got the lunch room to sing Happy Birthday to him.
For dinner he chose Chinese so we went to our favorite Chinese restaurant Golden China. I'm not a big fan of Chinese food...once or twice a year is fine by me, but this time it tasted all too good. And of course we had to come home for dessert of birthday cake.
We haven't purchased his present yet...hopefully that will happen this weekend. But he is getting a new basketball goal. Micah loves to be outside, and he shoots hoops all the time. Most mornings he is out there playing before we leave for school. So he is excited to go pick one out. My sister gave him a new fishing pole (after our weekend & Caleb's trauma...I should be scared), but he loves it. We all went fishing Monday night to try it out, and I think all the kids caught at least one fish (Caleb & Trinity tied for first with 4 fish each). Even Bobby hooked one.
Well, this wraps up the kids' birthdays for another year. I guess having them all in 4 consecutive months is a good/bad thing. I still can't believe how the years are flying, and they are all growing up too quickly. Micah, we love you and are thankful for your sweet spirit. You are becoming a lovely young man who we pray will serve the Lord with all his heart. Happy birthday!!
1 comment:
Happy Birthday, Micah! Can't believe they are growing so fast.
Post a Comment