Monday, July 26, 2010

VBS 2010


We had a first this summer. Our kids have never been to Vacation Bible School--odd, I know. Our church doesn't do one, and honestly I never thought about checking into other churches. But this year I heard a friend of ours was taking her kids, so I thought why not let the kids go and see what they can learn. I was a little concerned about how they'd do in a new place with mostly new people (because they are divided up my age & gender), but they absolutely loved it. They came home the first night talking non-stop about each thing they did. The theme this year was firefighters, and they had an offering of pennies each night to see if the boys or girls could bring the most in. Well, after the first night, I was forced to go to the bank and get rolls of pennies for them to give. It's fun to see them get excited about it all. I went each night for the closing program, and I have never heard that many kids screaming so loud (all 400ish of them). It was quite a site, and I'm so thankful they had the opportunity to go. We're actually are already talking about next year.






3 comments:

Susanne said...

I'm glad your kids enjoyed VBS at Harvest. My nephew goes to church there and my sister helped with puppets for the younger kids last week. :) Nice photos!

Kellie said...

Glad they had such a great time!! :)

Jessica LaTour said...

That firetruck Mater is amazing!!! Looks like so much fun!