We had a unplanned 2 a.m. wake up call this morning. Our yard was graced with much toilet paper by some teens who we thought were our friends. Just kidding--they're still our friends, but I'm keeping my eye on them more closely now. I guess people show their love in different ways, and I am choosing to look on this as their way of showing love for us. But at 2 a.m. on a Saturday morning when you have been so looking forward to sleeping in all week long...it is hard to think good thoughts especially when you can't just go back to sleep quickly. Poor Bobby had just gotten to bed, then got up to deal with the boys, then got called back into work without sleeping...not a good thing. Thankfully, he has a soft place in his heart for them, and we know it was all in good fun. For what it is worth, they did come back to clean up the scene, but Jeremy (brother-n-law) had already come by to help me clean it up (we were expecting some major rain, and rain mixed with TP is not a cool thing).
Our kids thought it was all rather exciting. Three of the four were up with us as we caught the three red handed. We'll just say our dog slightly scared the three of them along with the announcement from Bobby that she will bite (then we realized who the boys were as they ran to their cars across the street--what a funny sight it was). Our kids had never seen such a thing. Trinity even said why did they use toilet paper--isn't that supposed to be just for the toilet not the trees. Yes, my daughter, you are wise.
This was our view at 2:30 a.m.--the scene of the crime ;0) We obviously halted their fun because they left behind multiple rolls of tp in their haste to run off...which we will use, thank you very much!
Then, the view first thing this morning as we opened our door...just beautiful isn't it.
I was hoping to get pictures of the suspects cleaning it all up, but I couldn't afford waiting and having more of a mess to clean up if it rained first and they didn't come back to help. Next time (well, there better not be a next time, but I know better) I'll wait and let them clean.
1 comment:
Goodness... haven't heard of toilet papering in a long time. lol Well... it made for an interesting blog post now, didn't it?! :) Glad you got it cleaned up... and had some you could use. lol!!!
Post a Comment