Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Diaper Cake

When I told our kids I was making a diaper cake for a baby shower, they looked a little confused and were very skeptical until they saw the final results. I think I made believers out of them in the end though. I've seen them done before (and they were cute as a button), but I finally attempted one of my own (and hoped & prayed it would turn out half as good as the ones I saw...cause I didn't have a back up plan for a centerpiece).
We have quite a few prego families in our church right now, so we've been having many a shower lately. I had one at my house for a friend (who actually had her baby today...WooHoo!!), and I thought a diaper cake would make a great centerpiece and gift...and it was something different (and I'm all about a little variety). So, I gave it a try and was rather pleased with the result (especially for the first time around). My only problem with this one was that I made it the day before the original shower date, and then the shower got cancelled due to multiple inches of snow. So we rescheduled for the next weekend. Well, my double stick tape (cause I didn't want to glue the ribbon to the diapers--I wanted her to use the diapers) didn't want to hold perfectly for another week, so I had to do a little touch up before the actual shower, but it was all good. I might look into some other form of adhesive next time. I'd definitely give it a whirl again and try out some new decorations.

3 comments:

CristyLynn said...

Very cute! You did a great job!

Debra LaTour said...

I agree! Great job!

Jessica LaTour said...

How darling!

(I've used rubber bands loosely wrapped around each diaper & it holds together pretty well, too!)