Thursday, February 25, 2010

It's Birthday Season

Our kids birthdays fall in the first four months of the year. Zion's was January, and now it's Trin's turn. Our little girl turned 6 today...that really seems old to me for some reason. She's lost three of her teeth and learned how to read this year--such a momentous year. We don't go all out for their birthdays -- a simple party at home is the norm. This year we let Trinity choose a place to go out to eat. She chose Cracker Barrel (she loves some chicken and dumplings). Trin shares a birthday with her great-grandpa (my dad's dad). So we called him up and took him out to eat with us which was a treat. I honestly didn't think he'd go, but he was really excited. I think it made his night and Trinity thought it was special too.
Of course we had to make cupcakes for the class. Her request this year was pink icing with pink sprinkles. I guess we were going all girly this year.

Now to blow out her 6 candles...
Her main present this year from us was some decorations for her room. We spent multiple hours last weekend cleaning out and cleaning up her room (that is another post--I have a packrat daughter for sure!!). So I promised her we'd fancy up her room a little (now she has to keep it clean which will be a large task for her). We've been living in our house for a year and a half, and we still have nothing on her walls. So, we did get a couple of decorations for her to hang. And she wanted a table with a fancy lamp beside her bed. We went shopping a couple of days and finally finished it up today (right in time).


We also gave her a picture book of herself from birth to present. She loves to look back at pictures (especially of herself!!), so I had some of her pictures put into a book (this is also another post in itself--I had a coupon and some trouble with my order, so after talking to the customer service rep I only had to pay shipping which was $7.00--a total bargain!!). I hope she enjoys it. She took it into Cracker Barrel with us so she could look at it a little more during supper, and it has now taken up residence on her bedside table--so I'll take that as she likes it!



It was a fun day filled with things that Trinity chose--sort of a day all about her (except she had to go to school...which I don't think she'd choose to do). ;0)

4 comments:

CristyLynn said...

What a great day! How fun. I like how y'all celebrate birthdays!

Kellie said...

Happy Birthday to Trin!! :) I think she enjoyed her day a lot!

Jessica LaTour said...

You are an awesome mama! What a special day celebrating & I love the photo album! Such a great idea!

P.S. Cute new blog layout too!

Dan LaTour said...

Happy birthday to all! For some reason I thought the cupcakes were hamburgers at first... I think I need glasses!