Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Fall Festival-School Style

This past Saturday our school had it's Fall Festival & Alumni Games.  The weather was beyond perfect...cool, sunny day.  Couldn't of ordered a more perfect day to be outside all day. 

All the classes had booths that they were in charge of running.  Our kids had loads of fun (and dad & mom spent way too much money on tickets).

They all loved throwing pies in the teachers' faces.  Who wouldn't like that??


1st & 2nd grade manned the jail, so that is where I hung out most of the day.  It seemed to be a very popular booth.  Kids paid 2 tickts to place someone in jail for 10 minutes, or 4 tickets to handcuff two people together for 15 minutes.  We even had some who were paying to put themselves in jail (a little weird, I know, but they loved the real handcuffs).


One of Caleb's friends paid to have him handcuffed to a girl in his class.  They acted like they hated it, but I know they really enjoyed it.  After about 10 minutes I told them if they'd let me take their picture, I'd take the handcuffs off.  It worked...I got my picture.


The dunking booth was another popular one.  Who wouldn't want to dunk their teacher or principal?

Caleb & Micah even volunteered to get the pies thrown at them.  Not sure I'd enjoy that, but they did.  Micah eventually got to get dunked in the dunking booth too.   Fun times!!



Then we had the Alumni Soccer game later in the afternoon.  As you can see below, they started smart...by stretching and getting their bodies ready for some pain.  Seriously, I think it went really well.  There were a few pulled muscles, but not too bad for "old' people.



No comments: