Saturday, September 10, 2011

Deals, Deals, Deals

We love looking for & finding deals.  (I enjoy shopping in person & Bobby searches the internet)  We'll admit it...we've become craiglist junkies, and that is the first place we start looking for things when we decide to buy something.  A ping pong table has been one of those things that we've kept our eye on for a long time now, probably nearly 2 years.  When you know what you want, but you don't want to pay the regular price--well, you either wait for something to go on major clearance or look for a used version.  We choose to look for the used (hopefully almost new) version.  And that is exactly what Bobby found, and it is definitely worth the almost 2 year wait.  The original owners were moving and had to get rid of it quickly & they had listed their price with the great words: "or best offer."  They even threw in 6 paddles & a bunch of balls...can't turn that down.

To say the kids (meaning all 7 of us) are enjoying it is an understatement.  We went to pick it up last night, then we had to head straight for Bobby's softball game.  When we got home (around 10:00 p.m.) we all had to play a few games.  Bobby & I were the first to play against each other--yes he beat me, but I feel like I gave him a run for his money.  I believe they played until almost 11:00 last night, and were up playing by 8:00 this morning too.  Playing ping pong brings back many a memory for Bobby & I, who played many, many hours while in college.  Sure he spanked me most of the time, but it was all in the name of fun.  I see many a family challenge around this table in the near future!






2 comments:

Jessica LaTour said...

That's rad! Something about getting something fun for a good bargain makes it even more fun!

lifethroughmyeyes said...

Aaron and I loved playing ping pong when we were dating in high school. It was an every weekend thing. I wish we had some one to put one. I joke about using one as our kitchen table! haha Enjoy