Monday, May 09, 2011

Mom's Day

Mother's day was a special day for me.  I am very priviledged to be the mom to four wonderful kids (they truely are great kids!).  I don't take that for granted.  I so love being a mom and am thankful the Lord has entrusted these kids to me (a scary & sobering thought).  If only I could keep them from growing so fast...


For my speical day, I had breakfast & lunch both cooked for me...eggs, bacon, biscuits & coffee for breakfast and ribs, corn on the cob, butterbeans & croissants for lunch.  Both meals were delicious and even better when you don't have to cook them yourself. 

The kids made their own special gifts which are always unique and fun.




Caleb's gift cracked me up.  He gave me a coupon book.  First off it was a day late.  He left it at school (which didn't surprise me and of course didn't phase me in the least).  Today when he came home from school he took it out of his backpack to give to me and calmly stated, "Mrs. Fuqua almost gave me a tally for not bringing it home on time."  Really?  That made it sound like such a gift from his heart and not at all like a homework assignment. :o)

Then I opened it and read some of the coupons.  There was the normal clean my room, feed dixie, sweep deck, fix all the kids breakfast, etc.  (I really am looking forward & planning when to use some of them.)




And then I saw the best one: "Out of your hair for 1 hour." Wow!  Don't I sound like a great mom who would like to use a coupon so her kids will stay out of her hair.  I had to laugh some more as I asked him whether his teacher told them what to write as the coupons. No, he came up with that on his own. I'm not sure if that's good or bad, but it definitely was creative.  Of course I have never asked my kids to get out of my hair (well, I've never used those exact words, but maybe that's what he is hearing), but in case I ever need to...I'd like to use to use that coupon for all four kids at the same time. I'll have to ask it that's an option. :o)


No comments: