Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Deer & Rats

I must admit I am way behind on blogging. It's been a couple of weeks,and I've not wrote a thing and I don't like that. It is not for the fact that there is nothing to talk about, but more like we've been a little bit on the busy side and the blogging gets moved to the back burner. Anyway, I am not going to try and recap all that we've been doing, but I'll hit a couple of highlights from the past week or so.

First, for Bobby: His highlight was killing his first buck. This happened this past Wednesday, and it is definitely a big deal for him (and the kids). You would of thought he won the lottery with all the screaming that was coming from our backyard. But, unfortunately it was just a dead deer. He was a little excited to say the least and the kids were right in there with him. It was all they talked about for a few days. Sure I am proud of him since it is was something he's been wanting to accomplish. But now I'm not looking forward to it becoming a decorative piece on the wall of our house. I'm pushing for Earl (as Bobby named him) to join the stuffed fox upstairs. I'd like the closet to be his home, but that isn't an option so upstairs is about as good as it gets for now.


Then, for Caleb: He was part of the musical performance for the the 4th -8th grades at school. They did "Rats", and it was beyond great! Honestly it was. Sometimes these concerts can be a time of pain & misery to sit thru. Sure you enjoy seeing your kids perform, but it can get a little boring at times...but not at this one. They all did such a good job, especially since they are not used to doing those kinds of performances. Usually it is just them standing on stage singing, but this was a whole story line with music & acting. I was amazed at the talent of some of the kids. And they accomplished it without any problems. Props go to the new music teacher this year...she did a fantastic job!


Hopefully I'm back on blogging schedule. I've got some pictures to share from the Thanksgiving parties today at school, but I'll get to them tomorrow. I'm going to try real hard to stay on track, but unfortunately it doesn't take much to distract me.

1 comment:

Kellie said...

Good for Bobby on killing his first buck. :) I totally understand you not wanting it hung in the living room. We have two fish somewhere around here that Steve wanted to hang over our bed when we got married. That would be a big NO. :)