I have a new hero...my chiropractor. I never thought I'd see the day when I had to go visit him, but that day came this week. I have been having hip problems for quite some time (many, many, many months). Both of my hips used to "pop" multiple times a day. One of them stopped popping quite a few months back. I didn't think much of it, until soreness started creaping in. First it was just an urge to pop my hip, but the popping sensation would never happen. Then, it turned into just pain in my hip. I'm talking 24/7 pain. I couldn't get any relief. There was no position that helped, so sleeping at night became rather hard. Having to sit still was the worst. Well, my job is sitting at a desk, and church was horrible to sit through.
O.K. the pain has continued for way to long, and I kept saying I've got to get my hip checked. Of course I never took the time to schedule any appointments and just tried to deal with it. Finally the pain had gotten so bad that I couldn't just ignore it. I even mentioned to Bobby that it hurt so bad that I am now thinking I've got cancer in my hip bone or something serious. I am not a doctor or medicine person, but I had already resorted to taking some pain meds.
So I went this week...no cancer :)....just one leg shorter than the other which is throwing my hips off and causing pain in my long leg hip and lower back. I've been twice and the pain is soooo much better. They are doing shock therapy and ultrasound therapy to help reduce the inflammation in my hip, and then adjusting me to make my legs back equal again. I'm not 100% yet, but he did say I should be in about 2 weeks. AMEN!! And why did I wait so long to go to the doctor??? I don't remember how if feels to not have the pain, but I am staring to feel like a new woman. I still ache, but nothing like the throbbing, stabbing pain before. I slept last night the best I have in many moons. Thank you Lord!!
3 comments:
Wonderful! Hope you feel better and better every day!
I am glad you are feeling better!! :)
Where do you go, Kelly? I've been thinking of going for back pain. Thanks in advance. :)
Post a Comment