Tuesday, March 23, 2010

The Big 1-0!

I really don't feel old enough to have a 10 year old, but I guess I can't deny it. Our oldest turned 10 this past weekend which means he'll be a teenager in only a couple of years...scary!!! His birthday was on Friday so we got to celebrate the whole weekend.

Micah wanted to make Caleb a poster for his birthday which turned into all the kids wanting to do the same. Micah actually measured Caleb's door and gave us the measurement to get the right size paper. Well, mom decided poster board would do the trick, and thankfully he was fine with it. They put their hearts into it and did it all by themselves which makes it all the more special. (ignore the fact that the little one is in his undies...that is a normal sight at our house and I didn't think to have him put pants on for the picture) ;0)


Caleb's wish list for his b-day was NC State decorations for his room. Bobby took on that challenge and came thru for the family (since he works in Raleigh and can swing by a few shops while at work). He got some wall decorations, blanket, 2 hats, and 2 shirts. He was pleased with Dad's choices.





Of course we have to take snacks to school for the class to celebrate too. (any excuse for mom to bring cookies sounds good). He chose a big cookie. I think he enjoyed the icing a little too much. It is always nice to take a break from work and go eat lunch with the kiddos. I kind of felt special sitting at the boys table with my little man.



He had a few friends over to spend the night and go roller skating. Here is the group minus one who had not arrived at the skating rink yet. And of course my camera broke mid-skating so no more pictures of that...


Caleb doesn't really care for cakes, so this year we opted for the icecream cake instead. It saved me the time of making a cake, and it was hit with him. He had a great weekend! I still have to remind myself he is 10 years old...that just doesn't seem possible.



Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday dear Caleb!! Happy Birthday to you!!!

4 comments:

Debra LaTour said...

How sweet! Happy Birthday Caleb!

CristyLynn said...

Happy Birthday! Looks like a great weekend of celebration!

Kellie said...

Happy Birthday, Caleb! Wesley and Mikayla are next week! I can't believe our "babies" are 10!!!!

Jessica LaTour said...

YOU look awesome for having a 10 year old!

It looks like a fun birthday weekend, too!