Friday, December 07, 2012

Thanksgiving!

Even though Thanksgiving was almost two weeks ago & we are now in December, I still need to do my thankful post. I really am thankful to have so much going on that I haven't had time to blog. 

We had a great time off of school & work to enjoy our family.  Wednesday before Thanksgiving we got the decor going. 
 


Wednesday night Micah & Bobby went hunting before we celebrated with Bobby's family.  Bobby has been taking each kid separately for a little one-on-one time with Dad.  Micah shot an 8 pointer!  I was a little shocked when I got the call. I think Bobby was just as excited if not more than Micah.  (side note:  We actually enjoyed eating said deer this week in our chili--he was delicious if I say so myself).  Mr. Deer is now in the process of getting mounted so we can display him upstairs.  Yippee, kind of...can you hear the sarcasm in my typing.  Nothing like deer heads & stuffed foxes as your decor.  :)  I honestly don't mind it upstairs, but when it starts creeping down into my "area" we may have a little problem. I am excited for Micah to have this special memory though!!


In the mean time while Bobby was taking care of the deer, the rest of us gathered at Bobby's parents home to celebrate Thanksgiving. Bobby & Micah joined us a little late.  I only got one picture of the kids chowing down because I was too busy enjoying the food myself to think about pictures.
Then Thursday we celebrated with my family for lunch.  Once again lots of good food.  Thankful that my grandmother & great aunt are still with us and healthy enough to join us.  It was also nice to have an older gentleman from our church to come too.  Good times! 


After all the eating, we did what any good redneck family would do--shoot some guns. :)  I guess it is one thing that we as a family do to bond.  I even took part (because I really do enjoy shooting).  I'm embarrassed to say that I had a wound to show my participation & was reminded that you don't sit your eye on the scope when shooting.  I'm surprised I didn't have a black eye, but just a little gash above my eye.  As Bobby would say--a self correcting problem--I won't ever repeat that mistake again.


 
I, as an individual, and we, as a family, have so much to be thankful for!!

No comments: