Friday, February 17, 2012

Heart Day

Heart Day is a fun day especially for the kids.  They enjoy getting all the little valentines & candy from school.  I'm not one of those mom's that goes all out for Valentines Day.  I try to make it a speical day, but not an overkill by any means.  This year I made a simple treat for all my valentines. It was hard to make it a total surpise since I'm never home alone.  A couple of them saw me working on the snack, but I still wanted the final product to be something somewhat of a surprise to make it a little more special.  So, they all found a rice crispy valentine treat from mom in their lunchboxes.  Bobby found his in his car when he left for work.  The goal was to remind them they are loved & let them know how important they are to me (and why not reinforce that on Valentines Day).




Bobby & I went out to eat alone (!!!), but before going I cooked the kids dinner & made them a dessert that went along with heart day.  They thought it was rather neat & had no problem chowing down on it while we were gone. 


And what did I get for Valentines Day?  Well, we are not big present givers on holidays.  We're not scrouges, but we are realistic in that we know that things don't buy happiness.  Bobby is more about giving small gifts throughout the year when they are not expected & I've come to appreciate that even more.  All that to say...I got a new kitchen faucet.  Sounds romantic, right?  Maybe not, but it was a practical gift that we desparately needed.  Our faucet broke the week we moved into our hosue, and has never worked correctly since.  I was thrilled when I came home to find a red bow on my sink with a new, properly working faucet. It's perfect!

1 comment:

Kellie said...

That Valentine present was what I would have loved, too!! :) Glad y'all had a great one!