Thursday, March 10, 2011

Circus Day

Last Friday was Circus Day in the First Grade. WooHoo!! I love that Trinity's teacher makes school so much fun! Sure they are learning lots, but you got to mix in some excitement especially with this age group. So, Mrs. Rorrer joined in the fun as well (as you can see from the photo below). What a cool teacher and a cool day! Mrs. Rorrer painted all of their faces once everyone had arrived, but I didn't stay long enought to get a picture of the post-painted clowns. Of course they were having popcorn, sno-cones and cotton candy...so Trinity had been looking forward to this day for a while. Who wouldn't love coming to school for Circus Day?

Her clown outfit that she is wearing was Bobby's grandmothers which is kind of neat in and of itself. Nan used to dress up like a clown back in the day. So Bobby's mom altered the clown suit to fit little ones. I think Trin is the second great-grandchild to get some use out of it. I know Nan would of got a kick out of seeing them in it. I can hear her laughing now. Trin borrowed the purple hair from Olivia, but it would stay on her big head with all the hair underneath...so she chose to go with the multi-colored wig that the teacher brought in as an extra.

Trin always acts camera shy and doesn't want her picture taken (so I struggled to get a decent picture of her), but we all know what a ham she is underneath that act. We're glad she got to enjoy a fun day at school.



No comments: