Well, we've broken out the camper again finally. It has just been way to busy this school year to even think about going anywhere even if for a weekend. So, with school now behind us, we start thinking about where & when we can go camping. Bobby & I both had Monday off for Memorial Day so why not take a trip for a long weekend. Bobby's parents went with us this time around, and we all had a great time. We didn't go far away (only 30 minutes), but if felt like we were up in the mountains away from all cares. This was a first time for us at this location, and we will definitely be visiting there again. On our trip home Bobby reminded me once again that I do love camping. It is a great way to spend time as a family.
One major aspect of camping is good food. Although it is not fancy, there is nothing like camping food. I think it is because you play so hard during the day that you are all the more hungry and thus willing to eat just about anything.
Smores!!
Hot Dogs!!

Yummy breakfast!! Sausage gravy & biscuts, eggs, grits...Caleb had a plate full and ate it all!

We played a lot, and we played hard!
Bike rides... (Bobby & MeeMaw borrowed a bike from the kids)

Playground...
Catch...
Swimming...
Hiking...



Just monkeying around...
Of course we had to have some posed shots. These are my doings, and usually everyone hates them, but I like looking back and seeing our family change from trip to trip.

It was a beautiful place to camp. I'm always amazed at the beauty of God's creation, and I am reminded anew when camping. I'm thankful we are able to spend these times together. I know they are memories I'll cherish for life.
This was the view from our campfire.
4 comments:
That is a beautiful place! Where did y'all go? Y'all definitely had a great time together. :)
It was beautiful. We went to Hagan Stone in Greensboro, and I know we'll make a return trip.
Wow, that makes me want to go camping, and I don't really like camping. :)
I want to go camping with you guys! Looks like you all had a great time.
Post a Comment